Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary peer-reviewed, international and academic journal published online by Sivas Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences. The main purpose of the journal is to publish academic studies in the fundamental fields of economics and administrative sciences. The publication languages of the journal are Turkish and English.
The journal includes applied or theoretical studies, model proposals, analysis and evaluations, quantitative and qualitative research in the basic fields of economics and administrative sciences (such as Economics, Business, Political Science and Public Administration, Finance, International Relations, Labor Economics and Industrial Relations).
1) Submission of articles to the journal can only be done through DergiPark. Articles sent to the journal's e-mail address or editorial board will not be taken into consideration.
2) APA 7 spelling rules should be overall standard for manuscripts submitted to the journal.
3) It is sufficient for the article to be uploaded to the system by using one (1) line spacing, on A4 size paper, with a maximum of 25 pages, in Times New Roman, 12 font size. If the manuscript is accepted, the format requirements will be made by the "Spelling and Language Editors" of the journal.
4) If there are attachments such as tables, graphics, formulas in the article, it is also important to send them in a separate "Word" file.
5) The first page of the manuscript should include the title of the article, the author(s) name-surname, title, ORCID Number and contact information.
6) The manuscript should have Turkish and English titles. The Turkish title should not exceed 15 words.
7) The manuscript must contain a Turkish "Abstract" section of at least 250 words. An English abstract should also be included.
8) On the last page of the manuscript, there should be an Extended English Abstract with "introduction, method, findings and discussion sections", not less than 1000 words.
9) Key words in the article should be specified in Turkish and English, with a maximum number of 5.
10) The JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) classification should be shown after the abstracts in the article.
For classification, https://www.aeaweb.org/econlit/jelCodes.php can be used.
Below are the supplementary files required along with the manuscript prepared in accordance with the Manuscript Writing Rules:
1) Manuscripts with a bibliography excluded similarity report of more than 25% obtained using Turnitin/iThenticate software will not be evaluated. However, the decision whether the manuscript contains plagiarism is not made only by looking at the results of the similarity report. The editor examines the citation system used in the article along with the report in question and explains his/her final decision. The editor's final decision may be sending it back to the author for necessary corrections, or it may be rejecting the article.
2) Copyright Transfer Form
3) Ethics committee approval should be uploaded to the system in studies that require ethics committee approval*.
*Research that requires Ethics Committee approval is as follows.
• All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment and interview techniques,
• Use of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
• Clinical studies on humans,
• Research on animals,
• Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on the protection of personal data,
• Informing that “informed consent form” was taken in case reports,
• Obtaining and specifying permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires, photographs belonging to others,
• Indication of compliance with copyright regulations for the intellectual and artistic works used,
*Retrospective ethics committee approval is not required for manuscripts that were published before 2020, derived from postgraduate/doctoral studies (must be specified in the article), applied for publication to the journal in the previous year, accepted but not yet published. In addition, in manuscripts with research data before 2020 and submitted to the journal in 2020, ethical reports are not requested, provided that the author states in the method section that the study data belongs to a date prior to 2020.
While establishing the ethical duties and responsibilities given below, the guidelines and policies published as open access by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) have been considered.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
The author(s) who submit a study to Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences is/are expected to comply with the following ethical responsibilities:
The publication processes applied in Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences form the basis for the development and distribution of information in an impartial and respectable manner. The processes implemented in this direction are directly reflected in the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support the authors. Peer-reviewed studies are studies that embody and support the scientific method. At this point, it is important that all shareholders of the process (authors, readers and researchers, publisher, referees and editors) comply with the standards for ethical principles. Within the scope of publication ethics of Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, all shareholders are expected to have the following ethical responsibilities.
• The manuscripts submitted by the author(s) are expected to be original. If the author(s) benefits from or uses other studies, they are required to make references and/or cite these sources completely and accurately.
• People who do not contribute intellectually to the content in the preparation of the manuscript should not be identified as author(s).
• Conflicts of interest and relations, if any, must be disclosed in any manuscript submitted for publication.
• Raw data regarding their manuscript can be requested from the author(s) within the framework of the evaluation processes; in such situations, the author(s) should be ready to present the expected data and information to the editorial board and scientific committee.
• The author(s) must have necessary documents showing that they have the right to use the data, the necessary permissions for the research/analysis, or the consent of the experimental subjects.
• If the author(s) notices an error or errors in the manuscript any stage of the publication, either in evaluation or preview or published form, they have an obligation to cooperate with the journal editor or publisher in informing, correcting or withdrawing.
• Authors cannot have their manuscript in the application process of more than one journal at the same time. Each application can be initiated following the completion of the previous application. A study published in another journal cannot be sent to Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences.
• Changing the author responsibilities of a manuscript whose evaluation process has begun (such as adding an author, changing the order of authors, removing an author) cannot be proposed.
Ethical Assignments and Responsibilities of Editors
Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences editors, assistant editors and field editors have the following ethical duties and responsibilities based on the guidelines of "COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" and "COPE Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors" published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) as open access.
General assignments and responsibilities
Editors are responsible for every publication published in Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences. In the context of this responsibility, editors have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Making efforts to provide information to readers and authors,
• To ensure the continuous development of the journal,
• Conducting processes to improve the quality of manuscripts published in the journal,
• Supporting freedom of thought,
• Ensuring academic integrity,
• Continuing business processes without compromising intellectual property rights and ethical standards,
• To show openness and transparency in terms of publication on issues that require correction and explanation.
Reader and relationship
Editors should make decisions by considering the knowledge, skills and experience expectations of all readers, researchers and practitioners. He/she should pay attention to the fact that the published manuscripts contribute to the reader, researcher, practitioner and scientific literature and that they are original. In addition, editors are obliged to consider the feedback from readers, researchers and practitioners, and to provide explanatory and informative feedback.
Authors and responsibilities
The assignments and responsibilities of the editors to the authors are as follows:
• Editors should make a positive or negative decision based on the importance, original value, validity, clarity of the manuscript, and the journal's goals and objectives.
• Manuscripts that are suitable for the scope of publication should be included in the preliminary evaluation stage as long as they do not have serious problem.
• Editors should not ignore positive reviewer suggestions unless there is a serious problem with the manuscript.
• New editors should not change the decisions made by the previous editor(s) for manuscripts unless there is a serious problem.
• "Blind Reviewing and Evaluation Process" must be published, and the editors must prevent deviations from the defined processes.
• Authors should be informed and provided feedback in an explanatory and informative way.
Reviewers and responsibilities
The assignments and responsibilities of the editors towards the reviewers are as follows:
• The reviewers should be determined in accordance with the subject of the study.
• They are responsible for providing the information and guides that the reviewers will need during the evaluation phase.
• They have to consider whether there is a conflict of interest between the authors and the reviewers.
• In the context of blind reviewers, the identity of the reviewers should be kept confidential by the editors.
• They should encourage reviewers to evaluate the work in an impartial, scientific and objective language.
• They should determine practices and policies that increase the performance of reviewers.
• They should take the necessary steps to dynamically update the reviewer pool.
• They should prevent rude and unscientific evaluations.
• They should take steps to ensure that the reviewers pool consists of a broad spectrum of reviewers.
Relations with the editorial board
Editors must ensure that all editorial board members follow the processes in accordance with editorial policies and guidelines. Editors should inform the members of the editorial board about the editorial policies and keep them informed of the developments.
• Editors should ensure that members of the editorial board evaluate the work impartially and independently.
• Editors should nominate new editorial board members who can contribute and are suitable.
• Editors should assign the members of the editorial board for evaluation of the studies suitable for their field of expertise.
• Editors should interact with the editorial board regularly.
• Editors should hold meetings with the editorial board at regular intervals for the development of editorial policies and the journal.
Relations with the owner of the journal and the publisher
The relationship between the editors and the publisher is based on the principle of editorial independence. In accordance with the written contract between the editors and the publisher, all decisions taken by the editors are independent of the publisher and the journal owner.
Editorial and blind peer review processes
Editors are responsible for applying the "Blind Reviewing and Evaluation Process" policies in the journal's publication policies. In this context, the editors ensure that the fair, impartial and timely evaluation process of each manuscript is completed.
Editors are responsible for publishing every manuscript published in the journal in accordance with journal publication policies and international standards.
Protection of personal data
The editors are obliged to ensure the protection of personal data regarding the sample groups or images included in the evaluated studies. Unless the explicit consent of the individuals used in the studies is documented, they are responsible for refusing the manuscripts. In addition, editors are responsible for protecting the individual data of the author, reviewer and readers.
Ethics committee, human and animal rights
Editors are responsible for ensuring the protection of human and animal rights in the evaluated studies. The editors are responsible for rejecting the study in the absence of ethical committee approval of the sample groups in the studies, and permission of experimental research.
Precaution against possible misconduct and malpractice
Editors have the responsibility to take precautions against possible abuse and misconduct. It is among the responsibilities of the editor to share the relevant findings, as well as to conduct a rigorous and objective investigation regarding the identification and evaluation of complaints regarding this situation.
Ensuring academic publication integrity
Editors should ensure that judgments containing errors, inconsistencies or misdirection in studies are promptly corrected.
Protection of intellectual property rights
Editors are obliged to protect the intellectual property rights of all published articles and to advocate the rights of the journal and the author(s) in case of possible violations. In addition, the editors are obliged to take the necessary measures so that the contents of all published articles do not violate the intellectual property rights of other publications.
Constructive attitude and embracing arguments
• Editors should take into account the persuasive criticisms of the works published in the journal and take a constructive attitude towards these criticisms.
• Editors should give the author(s) of the criticized studies the right to respond.
• Editors should not ignore or exclude studies with negative results.
Editors are responsible for carefully examining and responding to complaints from authors, reviewers or readers in an enlightening and explanatory manner.
Political and Commercial Concerns
The journal owner, publisher and any other political or commercial factors cannot affect the editors' independent decision making.
Conflicts of interest
The editors ensure that the publication process of the studies is completed independently and impartially, considering the conflicts of interest between the author(s), reviewers and other editors.
Ethical Responsibilities of Referees
Evaluation of all studies with "Blind Reviewing" directly affects the quality of the publication. This process provides confidence through an objective and independent evaluation of the publication. The evaluation process of Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences is carried out with the principle of double-blind arbitration. Reviewers cannot directly communicate with authors, evaluations and comments are submitted through the journal management system. In this process, reviewer comments on evaluation forms and full texts are forwarded to the author(s) through the editor. In this context, it is expected that the reviewers evaluating the manuscripts for Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences have the following ethical responsibilities:
• Reviewers should accept only the manuscripts related to their field of expertise for evaluation.
• Reviewers should make evaluations with impartiality and confidentiality.
• If reviewers think that they are facing a conflict of interest during the evaluation process, they should refuse to review the manuscript and inform the journal editor.
• In accordance with the principle of confidentiality, reviewers should destroy the copy or copies of studies they have examined after the evaluation process. They can only use the final versions of the studies they have reviewed after they are published.
• Reviewers should make the evaluation objectively only in relation to the content of the study. They should not allow nationality, gender, religious beliefs, political beliefs and commercial concerns to influence their assessment of the manuscript.
• Reviewers should make the assessment in a constructive and courteous language. They should not make derogatory personal comments that include hostility, slander and insults.
• Reviewers should perform the evaluation of the manuscripts they are assigned on time and with the ethical responsibilities mentioned above.
Publisher's Ethical Responsibilities
The Editors and Editorial Board of Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences act with the awareness of the following ethical responsibilities:
• Editors are responsible for all processes of manuscripts submitted to Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences. In this context, the decision makers are the editors, regardless of economic or political profits.
• Editors undertake to create an independent editorial decision.
• Editors protect the property and copyright of every article published in Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences and undertake to keep a record of every published copy.
• Editors are responsible for taking precautions against all kinds of scientific misconduct, citation fraud and plagiarism regarding the editors.
In case of an Unethical Situation
If you encounter any unethical behavior or content other than the above-mentioned ethical responsibilities and content in Cumhuriyet University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail.
- If the manuscript passes the preliminary evaluation of the Editorial Board and Field Editors, the authors are required to deposit 400 TL into the bank account of the Journal of Cumhuriyet University, in order to cover the costs for the journal.
- The peer review process will only begin after the submission fee has been paid.
- A 25% discount will be applied for articles whose publication language is English.
Account information will be notified to the author if the manuscript goes through the pre-evaluation process. Article ID and author name-surname must be specified in the payment description.
- Submission fee is non-refundable if the manuscript is rejected and/or not published as a result of the reviewer's evaluations or the decision of the Editorial Board. Refund requests made by putting forward different comments on evaluations of reviewers or editorial board will not be taken into consideration.
Sivas Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi,
Sivas Cumhuriyet Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dekanlığı
Tel: 0346 2191010-1710
Fax: 0346 2191202